Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Participants are introduced to developed and refined skills and techniques with a little more degree of difficulty than the beginners and basic techniques learnt in the foundation workshop. This will enable participants to create more contemporary cakes. This will include frosting and decorating techniques.
1. Ice cream filling
2. Light and airy Genoise - a very versatile cake that is the base for many desserts.
3. Light chiffon with fillings
3. Chocolate Mousse Filling - Rich, light, fluffy, creamy and smooth sweet confection and how this can create a very elegant dessert.
4. Frosting with walnut design
5. Techniques and secrets in making light scones
Participants are expected to work in groups in weighing ingredients, washing utensils etc. Each participant will, most of the time, have their own cake to work on and very often are encourage to create their own designed cakes . During your culinary journey, you may be required to take down notes and tips for baking. Participants may have to bring along an apron. At the end of this, participants would bring home their own masterpieces.
1 Strawberry Ice-Cream Cake – You will be taught how to make ice-cream to be enveloped in this cake will be taught. We will also be making use one of the cakes learnt in the foundation workshop to create this special cake.
2. Banana Cheese Chiffon Cake – Enhance your basic chiffon cake further with fillings of bananas and cheese. This cake has just the right amount of sweetness and is definitely pleasing to both the old and young.
3. .Chocolate Rocky Road Mousse Cake – Participants will be taught the principles of making a chocoholic mousse using two types of chocolate and how to create the effect of rocky road in the cake. Definitely a pleasing and very welcoming cake to serve in a party.
4. Hungarian Walnut Cake – Participants will learn how to prepare the moist and light walnut cake and also the art of transforming this cake into a spectacular “pleasing to the eyes” cake.
5. Cheddar Cheese & Herb Scones– Learn the correct technique and secrets in making light and cheesy scones.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE Email: firstname.lastname@example.org